Removes a trigger.
DROP TRIGGER [IF EXISTS] name ON table [CASCADE | RESTRICT]
DROP TRIGGER will remove an existing trigger definition. To execute this command, the current user must be the owner of the table for which the trigger is defined.
- IF EXISTS
- Do not throw an error if the trigger does not exist. A notice is issued in this case.
- The name of the trigger to remove.
- The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table for which the trigger is defined.
- Automatically drop objects that depend on the trigger.
- Refuse to drop the trigger if any objects depend on it. This is the default.
Remove the trigger sendmail on table expenses;
DROP TRIGGER sendmail ON expenses;
The DROP TRIGGER statement in Greenplum Database is not compatible with the SQL standard. In the SQL standard, trigger names are not local to tables, so the command is simply DROP TRIGGER name.